How to Apply for the Best University Scholarships
A few years ago, it was impossible to study abroad; university costs, distance, lack of opportunity and international accreditation represented a limitation. However, thanks to the varied offer of university scholarships, today, it is possible to study anywhere on the planet.
If your dream is to study abroad, travel around the world and learn about other cultures, the tips below will help you get a university scholarship.
It is important that you define what you want to study, regardless of whether it is an undergraduate, postgraduate or doctorate, you must be clear about the specific subject that interests you. Once you have defined it, apply the following.
Basic tips to get a university scholarship:
1. Find the sites that offer scholarships abroad
The first thing you should do is look for those sites where the different university scholarships offered around the world are shared.
2. Indicate your availability and dedication
During the registration stage of the application, while indicating reasons you are applying for that specific scholarship, be very clear about your availability and dedication to carry out the program.
Show that the university scholarship goes beyond your desire to visit tourist sites or live abroad. Establish the academic goals you intend to achieve, and the relevance of getting this scholarship will have for your community.
This is the stage where your emotional intelligence comes into play. It is quite true that your knowledge, grades, and experience are vital to getting a scholarship; however, the way you sell your ideas goes a long way toward determining whether you get the scholarship.
Remember that emotional intelligence is about empowering your strengths and preventing your weaknesses from limiting you.
3. Keep your social networks up to date
One important step is to update your profile on social networks, as it serves as a source of information for the awarding institutions or organizations.
Ensure your profile is up to date with your academic qualifications, awards received, work experience, and other important information that can boost your scholarship application.
It is quite true that some social networks are just for your personal life; however, some organizations view things shared on those networks as a representation of your personality.
Google your name and review what comes up, as these results will also be seen by whoever decides to award you a university scholarship.
4. Get expert advice on the subject
Something fundamental when it comes to getting a university scholarship is to have the advice of people experienced in the subject who can guide you through obtaining the scholarships that best suit your profile.
Through these consultancies, you will be able to solve your doubts and obtain privileged information from people who have already been successful in the scholarship search process.
5. Your level of English is important
Most scholarship offers abroad require a high level of English. And in case you’re thinking about it, it’s not about you feeling like you’re good at speaking or saying that you understand the language.
This level of English refers to the scores that you obtained in the exams known worldwide, such as the TOEFL and the IELTS.
If you want to get a university scholarship abroad, you must obtain the required points; the good news is that there are courses that prepare you for these exams.
Tips when submitting your application for a university scholarship
● Apply to college scholarships that fit your profile
There is no point in wasting your time collecting information, sending and waiting for a response from a call for which you do not have the profile; either due to lack of work experience or command of the language.
● Comply with the established dates
A common mistake is to miss the registration date. Remember that most of them are yearly, so make sure you submit your documentation, requirements and tests on time.
● Create custom applications for each college scholarship
Most likely, you will send multiple requests to different entities, governments and foundations. Something important is that you personalize each request depending on what these organizations are looking for.
It is not about showing something that is not, but exploiting different skills and experiences based on the request you are applying.
● Send the documents they ask for and do not make mistakes in them
A misspelling can get you out of a call for a scholarship abroad. The same happens if you do not send the complete documents, if you send them with presentation errors, or if you do not meet the requirements.
Check very well from the type of document they need to the maximum number of words that can extend your answers.
● Once you submit your request, be patient
Finally, check the response time as it is frowned upon that you are constantly asking about your request. It is normal for up to a few months to receive a response.
Some of these organizations even ask you not to check the status of your request, so be patient, and wait for their response.
Practical tips to get a university scholarship abroad:
Finally, we leave you a series of practical tips that will facilitate the process when it comes to getting a scholarship:
- Ask your immediate bosses and professors at your university to write letters of recommendation.
- Review, update and translate your resume, diplomas and exam certificates you have taken.
- Attend college fairs in your city and ask about the benefits they offer. Subscribe to newsletters with scholarship information.
- Contact students from the university you want to attend, or previous winners of the scholarship you want. Know their experience and ask as many questions; their process can help you.
- Something logical but important: Do not lie in the documents you send, or do not “sell an idea” of someone you are not. If you do not know how to get rich, do not give advice to achieve it. Be transparent about your skills and abilities.
- Get the physical documents: If you have the digital documents, both essays, recommendations and studies, make sure you have a physical backup since they may ask you to send them directly to the foundation or university.
- College scholarships are prepared one year in advance, use this time to save money for your trip.
- Learn about the culture of the country you want to reach. This will help you not get to your new country knowing the cultures, food and general way of life of people.
- Before applying for the scholarship, know the terms and conditions, since in general, it not only consists of the study but also that you must stay working for some years.
- Finally, apply for a college scholarship that you are passionate about. Many people apply for scholarships that do not meet their needs to travel, and it turns out that, in a matter of months, they feel like they missed a great opportunity of getting to see their dream come true.
INSTRUCTIONS AFTER PAYMENT
- 1.Your Full name
- 2. Your Active Email Address
- 3. Your Phone Number
- 4. Amount Paid
- 5. Project Topic
- 6. Location you made payment from