1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
All measures of parental involvement used in studies in developing countries are based on scales that have been established in the context of developed countries, but parental involvement may be different in developed countries than in developing countries. These differences—including types and level of involvement—must be taken into account when measuring parental involvement in developing countries. Therefore, this paper focuses on the construct validity of parental involvement in a sample of Nigeria students and their parents.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THIS STUDY
The purpose of this study is to find out the influence parents involvement has on students’ academic performance in Nigeria, the specified objectives are:
1. To find out if the parents’ level of education has any influence with students’ academic performance
2. To discover if parents’ income influences the students’ academic performance
3. To find out if communication between the teachers and the parents affect the students’ academic performance
4. To establish how home environment affects the students’ academic performance
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
Base on the specified objectives of this research the following questions will guide the researcher during the course of this research.
1. Does the parents income affects the child academic performance
2. Is there any relationship between parents level of education and students’ academic performance
3. Does communication between parents and teacher has any influence on student’s academic performance
4. Is there any significance relationship between the home environment of students and his/her academic performance?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is expected that the outcome of this study would expose teacher, parents and government in different levels including schools. The outcome of this research will expose educational planners, policy makers, and the community as a whole to make sure that, there is good parental involvement on their child academics
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research is intended to cover all the secondary school students of the federal republic of Nigeria but due to some constraints the researcher limits his findings to schools in two local government area Kogi state Nigeria. The local government’s area are Ajaokuta and Ankpa LGA.
1.7 DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The main constraint that affected this research is limited time to complete the work, and insufficient fund to finance this project.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
INVESTIGATION: the act of conducting research on something or someone; it is a formal style of research.
PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT: Parental involvement refers to the amount of participation parent has when it comes to schooling and her child’s life.
ACADEMIC: anything that relate to education
PERFORMANCE: the result of a students is in his/her academic aim or goal
INSTRUCTIONS AFTER PAYMENT
- 1.Your Full name
- 2. Your Active Email Address
- 3. Your Phone Number
- 4. Amount Paid
- 5. Project Topic
- 6. Location you made payment from