BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Industrialization, in any society, is a major initiator of development and urbanization. Although the merits of industrialization are innumerable, it has been identified as a major threat to the environment as it releases various toxic chemicals, gases, solid wastes as well as microbes of various kinds into our immediate environment—land, air, and water. Of particular interest is water pollution, which has become a global challenge, developing nations being highly affected due to their drive for development Pollution of our water bodies poses a great threat to humans and the aquatic ecosystem while marked population increase catalyzes climatic changes [Palmate SS et al 2017]. For instance, various human activities as well as the release of greenhouse gases by industries greatly contributes to global warming, planet temperature enhancement, and lowering of atmospheric air quality. The drive for sustainable development must bring along water pollution prevention techniques. Effective wastewater treatment before their eventual discharge is one way to driving water pollution prevention. Some remediate climate change mitigation measures against water pollution can also be explored. Hence the study examines, water pollution; effects, prevention and climate impact in Nigeria.
AIMS OF THE STUDY
The major aim of the study is to examine water pollution; effects, prevention and climate impact in Nigeria. Other specific objectives of the study include;
- To examine the causes and sources of water pollution in Nigeria
- To examine the water pollution preventive measures against climate change
- To examine the effect of water pollution on climate change
- To examine the prevention and control measures of water pollution
- To examine the relationship between water pollution and climate impact
- To examine water pollution management and control
- What are the causes and sources of water pollution in Nigeria?
- What are the water pollution preventive measures against climate change?
- What is the effect of water pollution on climate change?
- What are the prevention and control measures of water pollution?
- What is the relationship between water pollution and climate impact?
- What are ways of water pollution management and control?
There are is no significant effect of water pollution on climate change.
There is a significant effect of water pollution on climate change.
H0: There is no significant relationship between water pollution and climate impact.
H1: There is a significant relationship between water pollution and climate impact.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will be of profound benefits to enlighten the people and government on the effect of water pollution its preventive measures and climate impact. This study would also be of immense benefit to students and scholars who are interested in developing further studies on the subject matter.
1.7 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study is restricted to water pollution; effects, prevention and climate impact in Nigeria.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Financial constraint: Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview)
Time constraint: The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.8 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
Water pollution: is the contamination of water bodies (e.g., lakes, rivers, oceans and ground water).
Climate: the weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period.
INSTRUCTIONS AFTER PAYMENT
- 1.Your Full name
- 2. Your Active Email Address
- 3. Your Phone Number
- 4. Amount Paid
- 5. Project Topic
- 6. Location you made payment from