1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
However this research is aimed at investigating the influence parenting style has on the academic achievement of senior secondary school students.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to find out the influence parenting styles has on the academic achievement of their children. The specific objectives are:
1. To find out the different types of parenting styles
2. To find out the most suitable parenting style
3. To establish the relationship between parenting styles and the academic achievement of secondary school student.
4. To find out what influence parenting style has on the career path of the students.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following research questions will guide the researcher while conducting the research and to help achieve the specified objectives:
1. What are the various types of parenting styles
2. What is the most suitable parenting style that influence positive the students positively
3. Is any significant relationship between parenting styles and the academic achievement of the students
4. Is there any relationship between parenting style and choosing of career of their students
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the project will be to inform stakeholders of the potential predictors of higher achievement outcomes. Of particular benefit is the focus of the study on non-cognitive or psycho-social predictors of academic achievement. The study will provide other researchers with insight on significant gaps in the literature concerning predictors of achievement outcomes, especially regarding the relationship between parenting style and academic achievement. The study will benefit teachers in helping them to understand the importance of motivation, goal orientation and academic selfefficacy as these factors relate to engaging students in academic tasks. The study will aid parents in allowing them to realize the influence of the parenting environment and parenting style as a contextual element in shaping achievement outcomes. Finally, the study will help students to develop their potential as they discover the role of motivation, goal orientation and self-efficacy in adapting to diverse learning situations.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study covers the entire student of Nsukka local government area of Enugu State
1.7 DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The major problem faced during this research is time, the researcher has limited time to complete the research and also insufficient fund to finance the project also to visit more one local government.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Influence: the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behaviour of someone or something
Parenting Styles: a psychological construct representing standard strategies that parents use in their child rearing.
Academic Achievement: the extent to which a student, teacher or institution has achieved their short or long-term educational goals.
INSTRUCTIONS AFTER PAYMENT
- 1.Your Full name
- 2. Your Active Email Address
- 3. Your Phone Number
- 4. Amount Paid
- 5. Project Topic
- 6. Location you made payment from