Do You Have New or Fresh Topic? Send Us Your Topic
This study critically examines the inmate and the worker’s welfare as it relates to or affects job satisfaction in social welfare services department of Oko Federal Prison, Benin City, Edo State. The impetus for the study derives from the realization that social welfare services improve the condition of inmates and the workers in prison custody.
A sample of 120 persons was chosen for the study and drawn room all the ranks and files of prison uniform staff, who are the custodian of the inmates.
The sample included both sexes. Adequate care was taken in the selection of persons thereby ensuring a cross sectional representation. The questionnaire consist of items and the respondents were asked to tick (x) in the place that corresponds with their opinions.
The project was equally validated by the project supervisor in the department of Adult Education and two other officials of the social welfare services department Oko Federal Prison, Benin City, Edo State. A pilot test was carried out with the uniformed members of social welfare, the officers in charge of prison to determine the reliability of the instrument.
The interview was conducted with the help of some senior welfare officers, the officers in charge of prisons, the inmates and the public and the researcher. Simple percentage workings were used to analyze the data, the following findings were established.
2. The inmates are able to obtain adequate corrective training and making the best use of the available resources.
3. The efforts of welfare services in alleviating the problems of inmates towards reformation, rehabilitation and re-integration of inmates back into the society was excellent.
4. The welfare section in the prison is making the best use of the available resources towards findings solution to the problems facing provision of welfare services in Nigeria prisons.
5. Adult education programs organized for the inmates in Oko Prison encompasses vocational training and literacy classes.
INSTRUCTIONS AFTER PAYMENT
- 1.Your Full name
- 2. Your Active Email Address
- 3. Your Phone Number
- 4. Amount Paid
- 5. Project Topic
- 6. Location you made payment from